Hidden Sounds, Little Discoveries

  For this task, Gülşen and I created a storytelling podcast called “The Sound of Quiet.” The podcast focuses on the idea that silence is not always truly silent. It tells the story of Rosie, a little girl who starts noticing the many hidden sounds around her after her father points out that the house is not as quiet as she thinks. Even though the theme of the podcast was quietness and careful listening, the process of creating it was the exact opposite for me.

While working on this project, I was also hosting 21 people at the same time, so finding a quiet place to record was almost impossible. On top of that, I had to learn how to use Audacity, which added another challenge to the process. At first, I did not fully understand the project, so it took me some time to grasp what was expected. However, even though Gülşen and I had only recently met, we reached common ideas very easily and worked well together. Honestly, creating a podcast about silence in the middle of so much noise felt extremely ironic and funny.

In the future, I would give a similar task to my own students because it requires patience, creativity, and technical skills, while also teaching them something different and memorable. Even though it was stressful, it was definitely a unique experience. Still… I truly hope I never have to do this exact project under the same conditions again!

You can visit Gülşen’s blog here: https://diaryofsevg.edublogs.org/

You can listen to our podcast here: https://soundcloud.com/rumeysa-betuel-demir/podcastsound



Comments

Popular Posts